Gastroesophageal reflux disease describes the passage of contents from the stomach into the esophagus. Between the esophagus and the stomach there is a circular muscle called the lower esophageal sphincter which opens when the bolus to pass into the stomach and then closes to prevent acid secretions and stomach contents pass upward into the esophagus. When this sphincter tone has diminished or is opened too many times, then reflux symptoms begin to appear, the most characteristic burning sensation or burning that rises to the throat.
General measures of gastroesophageal reflux disease.
- Avoid lying down after meals, at least until they have spent about 2 hours after ingestion.
- Elevating the head of the bed, about 10-15 cm, by placing wooden blocks on the front legs of the bed. Do not put pillows because only get flexing neck, it is necessary to raise the whole upper body.
- Do not use tight clothes.
- Do not make large meals.
- Control overweight.
- Eliminate or reduce the consumption of snuff and alcohol.
- Avoid foods and beverages that lower the tone of the lower esophageal sphincter.
- Avoid bending over or exercising just after eating.
- Reduce stress.
We are include in below some food and drugs that prevent gastroesophageal reflux disease.
|Decrease LES tone.||Fat.
|Irritant effect on the gastric mucosa.||Citrus.
|Decrease LES tone.||Estrogen-progestogen.
|Irritant effect on the gastric mucosa.||Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
Please take those food and drugs to prevent gastroesophageal reflux disease. Always we want to be people keep healthy and happy.
1 thought on “Tips to relieve gastroesophageal reflux disease”
Saved as a favorite, І like your web site!