Why do my feet sweat almost all we want to know, right? My feet are sweating all the time and I got worried. To tell you honestly I was very scared and thought I might be fall for a serious disease. Then I talked to my doctor, said him about my problem and he suggested me few things to follow. Afterwards my doctor told me about 2% to 3% of our population have hyperhidrosis problem. So this is a problem to cure being conscious.
Reasons Behind – Why Do My Feet Sweat All Time
Do you know our feet have 26 bones, 33 joints, 19 muscles and 107 ligaments? That is to say, our pair of feet has 250,000 sweat glands that make almost one cup of sweat everyday (According to Foot.com, Brawley). Therefore, the sweat glands always try to keep our skin moist and supple. Now it’s high time to know the reasons of sweaty feet.
- The gene, which causes Palmar Hyperhidrosis also responsible for excessive foot sweating. In particular, the gene is responsible for heightened activity in the sympathetic chain. That is to say, the maturation process of plantar sweat glands takes longer than palmar sweat glands. Thereby most of the people sweat during hot summer or being warm, but hyperhidrosis people sweat almost all the time.
- Another reason could be an increment of toxicity levels. In detail, toxins originate from foods we eat that have a high amount of fat. In other words, alcohol is also a kind of toxin. In that case, if we don’t exercise these toxins can build up and cause sweaty feet.
- Our feet sweat due to the type of footwear we use. Thus, Nylon and 100% cotton socks often act like a sponge and lock moisture inside. Forthwith these keep feet wet all the time and create problems of toenail fungus and tinea pedis.
How to Prevent Sweaty Feet
Choose the right pair of footwear. For example, nylon and cotton socks, shoes made of plastic and synthetic type fabric lining is good to prevent sweat from evaporating.
- Good foot hygiene is must to follow. With this in mind wash your feet daily with an antibacterial soap, make sure wash between the toes. Let your feet dry and apply some cornstarch, foot or antifungal powder.
- Avoid shoes made of rubber and wear shoes that allow your feet to breathe.
- It will be great to change socks during the day. Moreover, you can stash an extra pair of socks at school or at work and change them midway through the day.
- Always try to keep your toenails short and clean. Besides, remove any hard skin with a foot file. For instance, hard skins will become soggy when damp and create an ideal home for bacteria.
You can take iontophoresis or Botulinum toxin injections with the recommendation of your doctor. To get rid of sweaty feet you can soak your feet in brewed tea because it will minimize the sweat glands. I think you already get your answer of why do my feet sweat and what steps I follow to get rid of the problem.