Tips before taking a trip
Before taking a trip, it is advisable to go to your family doctor, which will inform you about some general preventive measures. And on the other hand, if you have any specific disease, will inform you if it is necessary to make any revision or in the case of needing some medication will prescribe this in the amount you need.
The doctor will also inform you of any vaccination or other preventive measure is especially necessary. So go with enough time in advance, at least 4 weeks.
Travelers should familiarize themselves with the health care system of the destination country and to know your insurance coverage.
Always remember those tips before taking a trip.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water.
- Try to eat cooked food, fruits and vegetables that are in good condition and you have peeled yourself; this is the main cause of traveler’s diarrhea.
- You need to drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration.
- Avoid drinking water sources, taps or ice cubes.
- Drink only water that provides guarantees, preferably bottled.
- Do not eat raw vegetables. Meat and fish should be cooked. Do not eat raw shellfish.
- Beware of pastries, ice cream, milk and its derivatives.
- Do not buy food in the street.
- Cooked food must be kept in advance at a temperature below 10 ° C or above 60 ° C temperature.
- Protect yourself from mosquito with repellent, wear clothing that covers the body and mosquito nets while sleeping.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure. Wear hats and sunglasses. Use sunscreen.
- Do not approach animals in the street, for example monkeys, dogs and cats, to avoid bites.
- Do not walk barefoot. Examine clothing and shoes before putting them, especially in the morning.
- Avoid swimming in fresh water. You should only swim in chlorinated water pools. Bathrooms in sea water pose no risk of transmitting disease, of course, use sandals to bathe.
- Wear comfortable clothing, unadjusted, mainly cotton.
- Use a comfortable and ventilated shoes. Always keep your feet dry to prevent fungal infections.
- It is advisable to shake the sheets and blankets before going to bed.
- On trips or long flights, it is convenient to perform the exercises of mobilization that the means of transport permits (postural changes, walk to the service, etc). These exercises should relizar at least once every hour.
- If after a trip is not well and go to your doctor, don’t forget to inform him that you have made a trip in the last 12 months.
- Boil the water for at least 10 minutes.
- To chlorinate the water with 2 drops of bleach/liter (bleach without detergent and perfumes). It is necessary to wait 30 minutes before drinking.
Please read this article before traveling abroad: Helpful tips before traveling abroad